What is a smoke vortex?
A smoke ring is a visible vortex ring formed by smoke in a clear atmosphere. The smoke makes the ring visible, but does not significantly affect the flow. The same phenomenon occurs with any fluid, creating vortex rings which are invisible but otherwise entirely similar to smoke rings.
How do you make an air cannon with a cardboard box?
How to Make a Vortex Cannon
- Draw a circle on the box and cut it out.
- Cut off the opposite end of the box.
- Place the bag inside the box and tape it down so it’s airtight.
- Secure the ping-pong ball with rubber bands from the other side of the bag.
- Mark the depth of the bag on the outside of the box.
How do you make a vortex in the air?
When the air (or smoke) moves through the circular hole, the friction between the air and the plastic surface make the air on the outer surface slower that the middle fluid. This creates a vortex with varying fluid velocity.
What is a smoke ring on a brisket?
A smoke ring is a region of pink colored meat in the outermost 8-10 millimeters of smoked meats. It is usually seen on smoked chicken, pork, and beef.
What does a circle of smoke mean?
(sməʊk rɪŋ) a visible ring formed by the sudden release of smoke, usually created by blowing smoke from the mouth or by a cigarette, incense stick etc.