- 1 Where can I dump trash in Philadelphia?
- 2 When can you put trash out Philadelphia?
- 3 How much does it cost to drop stuff at the dump?
- 4 How do I dispose of yard waste in Philadelphia?
- 5 Will the garbage man take a dishwasher?
- 6 How do I get rid of a couch in Philadelphia?
- 7 When should I put my trash out?
- 8 How do you put trash out?
- 9 How long can you leave your trash cans out?
- 10 Can you go to the dump and take things?
- 11 How can I get rid of my old TV for free?
- 12 How much does it cost to dump at Miramar Landfill?
- 13 Does the city of Philadelphia recycle?
- 14 Does Philadelphia pick up leaves?
- 15 What do you do with leaves in Philadelphia?
Where can I dump trash in Philadelphia?
Where can Philadelphia residents legally dump bulk trash for free?
- Northwest Philadelphia: 320 Domino Lane.
- Northeast Philadelphia: State Road and Ashburner Street.
- Strawberry Mansion: 2601 W. Glenwood Ave.
- Port Richmond: 3901 Delaware Ave.
- Southwest Philadelphia: 3033 S.
- West Philadelphia: 5100 Grays Ave. (
When can you put trash out Philadelphia?
|If the date is …||You should set out your trash and recycling …|
|April 1 to September 30||Between 8 p.m. the night before collection day and 6 a.m. on collection day|
|October 1 to March 31||Between 6 p.m. the night before collection day and 6 a.m. on collection day|
How much does it cost to drop stuff at the dump?
Cost to Dump at a Landfill If you have the time and a way to haul it, you can dump your own trash, furniture and hazardous waste at your local landfill for $20 to $50 per ton. In some locations, your local utility bill includes dumping free of charge.
How do I dispose of yard waste in Philadelphia?
Philadelphia residents can also pay a visit to the Fairmount Park Organic Recycling Center. Leaves, brush, and grass clippings are all accepted yard waste materials and can be brought to their location at 3850 Ford Road, Philadelphia, PA 19131.
Will the garbage man take a dishwasher?
So, how do you dispose of a dishwasher? Well, the garbage man won’t take it away, and you can ‘t simply dump it, so you need to consider your options.
How do I get rid of a couch in Philadelphia?
Residents may continue to set out compactable furniture, such as sofas for collection at curbside, up to two items per week. Mattresses and box springs must be bagged and sealed in plastic mattress bags when placed curbside. Items may be set out on your regular trash day.
When should I put my trash out?
30 and residents may not put their trash out until 7 p.m. the night before collection. Trash set out before the allotted times is considered litter, even if it is in the proper location and the proper receptacle, according to the Street Department’s sanitation regulations.
How do you put trash out?
Place your trash can on the opposite side of your driveway from the mailbox, within 2 feet of the curb, with the can facing forward (the can # should be facing your house). We will not be responsible for your mailbox if you place your container beside it! Place your recycle container on the same side as your mailbox.
How long can you leave your trash cans out?
In Los Angeles County, the law says that “no person shall place any solid waste, or any container containing solid waste, at any place of collection before 5:00 p.m. of the day preceding the scheduled collection of said solid waste, or leave any such container at the place of collection after 8:00 p.m. on the day of
Can you go to the dump and take things?
Yes it is most landfills have police make rounds after hours and they can arrest you for trespassing, etc. The issue is not just trash is there but most also have close to $1M worth of equipment sitting there not to mention the LF offices, etc. If you ‘re taking metal / copper /wiring /etc from C&D facilities, etc
How can I get rid of my old TV for free?
You have a few options when it comes to getting rid of an old TV.
- Donate your TV. There are many local charities that accept televisions that still work.
- Take it to a recycling facility. Depending on where you live, they may offer a pick up service.
- Return it to the manufacturer.
- Sell it.
- Give it away for free.
How much does it cost to dump at Miramar Landfill?
Miramar provides San Diego residents and small businesses the ability to take large amounts of trash and other waste for an affordable price. Miramar Landfill fees are reasonable. They only charge $31 per ton.
Does the city of Philadelphia recycle?
Plus, all recycling in Philadelphia is now single stream, meaning you can put all of your recyclables together in one bin — cans, glass, mixed paper, cardboard and most plastic containers — no need to sort or separate them.
Does Philadelphia pick up leaves?
The City’s annual leaf recycling program is provided by the Streets Department. Recycling leaves reduces the amount of materials that reach the waste stream and saves landfill space. Mechanical collection and bagged drop-off services are provided.
What do you do with leaves in Philadelphia?
Residents must place leaves in large brown biodegradable paper bags. Using these bags helps eliminates the extensive process of ripping open, dumping, and disposing of plastic bags. Never mix trash or other recyclable materials with bagged leaves. This contaminates leaves and makes them unfit for recycling purposes.