- 1 Where can I dump my trash in DC?
- 2 When can you put out trash in DC?
- 3 How do I throw away furniture in DC?
- 4 Is the Fort Totten transfer station open?
- 5 What do you do with old mattresses in DC?
- 6 How long do garbage disposals last?
- 7 How do I delete bulk trash in DC?
- 8 How do you recycle in DC?
- 9 How do I get rid of yard waste in DC?
- 10 How do I get rid of large DC furniture?
- 11 How do you dispose of a mattress in DC?
- 12 How much does 1800gotjunk cost?
- 13 How do I dispose of a microwave in DC?
- 14 How do I dispose of a fire extinguisher in DC?
- 15 How do you dispose of nail polish in DC?
Where can I dump my trash in DC?
Best Dump Trash in Washington, DC
- Waste Management – Northeast Transfer Station. 3.2 mi. 1 review.
- Nova Junk. 9.8 mi. 192 reviews.
- Junkman Removal & Disposal Services. 11.4 mi. 35 reviews.
- Eco City Junk. 16.8 mi. 49 reviews.
- Tenleytown Trash. 4.0 mi. 25 reviews.
- 123JUNK. 22.2 mi.
- Junk Removal Demo Clean DMV. 2.4 mi.
- Stuff Haulers. 0.5 mi.
When can you put out trash in DC?
Place trash and recycling containers out for collection no earlier than 6:30 pm the night before collection and no later than 6 am on your collection day. Residents are required to remove trash and recycling containers from public space by 8 pm on your collection day.
How do I throw away furniture in DC?
What are the Best Ways to Get Rid of Your Couch in Washington DC?
- Upcycle Your Couch. Think about it.
- Donate Your Old Sofa to a Local DC Charity. Donating your old sofa can be a good way to help a family in need.
- How to Recycle Your Couch in DC.
- Put Your Couch On the Curb.
- Hire a Bulk Furniture Removal Company.
Is the Fort Totten transfer station open?
Hours of Operation for Residents’ Use *The Fort Totten Trash Transfer Station is currently being renovated, with construction underway through Fall 2019. During this time residents may experience longer wait times when visiting the facility.
What do you do with old mattresses in DC?
How does mattress disposal work in Washington DC?
- Don’t Dump Your Mattress, Recycle It. When getting rid of your unwanted mattress, your first thought is to dump it near the dumpster or on the curb.
- Donate Your Mattress to a Local Thrift Store or Consignment Shop in DC.
- The Local Trash in DC.
- Hire a Local Junk Disposal Company.
How long do garbage disposals last?
Depending on how they’re used and maintained, garbage disposals will typically last between 8 and 15 years. Some disposals come with a 1-year warranty, and others have a 12-year warranty.
How do I delete bulk trash in DC?
Call 311 or visit 311. dc.gov to set up a bulk trash collection appointment. Place your bulk items out no earlier than 6:30 pm the day before or no later than 6 am on your appointment day.
How do you recycle in DC?
How To Prepare Recyclables
- Recyclables should be clean & empty.
- Do not bag recyclables. Leave items loose in bin.
- Empty & flatten cardboard boxes.
- Keep out: Plastic bags, clothing, tanglers (cables & cords), electronics & batteries.
How do I get rid of yard waste in DC?
Residents should call 311 to request a yard waste pickup.
- Yard waste is bagged leaves, grass clippings, weeds, bulbs, twigs, pine cones and uprooted plants.
- Once-a-week trash /recycling customers should put bagged and bundled yard waste where your trash is collected at the same time the trash container is placed.
How do I get rid of large DC furniture?
Bulk Trash Collection Up to seven items may be collected at one time. Customers with more than seven items may request additional appointments. Call the Mayor’s Citywide Call Center at 311 to make an appointment, which is usually available within 10 to 14 days of your call. You can also visit www.311. dc.gov.
How do you dispose of a mattress in DC?
Unlike California (and 19 other states) that has mattress recycling facilities, DC residents cannot recycle their mattresses locally. The only option for mattress disposal in the DC area is to send it to a trash dump. At a dump, mattresses are nothing more than a headache.
How much does 1800gotjunk cost?
On average, 1-800-GOT-JUNK? Charges about $600 to haul a full truck’s worth of junk and around $400 for half a truck. If you’re just getting rid of one item, your price will depend on how bulky and heavy that item is. A sofa will probably cost more than a small dresser, for example.
How do I dispose of a microwave in DC?
Microwave ovens (accepted on Saturdays at Ft Totten electronic station and through 311 for bulk trash collection appointment.) Motor oil. Paints, latex (Latex paint can be recycled through the PaintCare program. Check PaintCare for the closest drop-off location and one-day event)
How do I dispose of a fire extinguisher in DC?
What Should I Do with an Expired Fire Extinguisher?
- If the fire extinguisher is partially or fully charged, call your fire department to ask if they accept drop-offs. If not, take the canister to a hazardous waste disposal facility.
- If the fire extinguisher is empty, squeeze the lever to ensure no pressure remains inside.
How do you dispose of nail polish in DC?
Since nail polish is flammable and can contain harsh chemicals, you shouldn’t put it in your household trash or recycling, either (despite its glass container). Instead, take your polish empties and any acetone removers to a hazardous waste center or schedule a pickup, so they can be processed safely.