- 1 Where can I dump my trash in Fairfax County?
- 2 Does Fairfax County have a dump?
- 3 How much does it cost to drop stuff at the dump?
- 4 What does Fairfax County do with trash?
- 5 How much is trash in Fairfax County?
- 6 How do I dispose of a TV in Fairfax County?
- 7 How do I get rid of furniture in Fairfax County?
- 8 How do you get rid of dirt in Fairfax County?
- 9 What can I recycle in Fairfax County VA?
- 10 Can you go to the dump and take things?
- 11 How can I get rid of my old TV for free?
- 12 Who picks up junk for free near me?
- 13 Can you recycle Styrofoam in Fairfax County?
- 14 What can I recycle in Virginia?
- 15 Where do you throw the garbage?
Where can I dump my trash in Fairfax County?
Also known as the recycling Center, the I-66 Transfer Station provides high-quality and environmentally-responsive recycling and disposal services for Fairfax County.
Does Fairfax County have a dump?
Known by many different names (i.e., recycling center, county dump, landfill ), the I-66 Transfer Station and the I-95 Landfill Complex continue to provide high-quality and environmentally-responsible recycling and disposal services for Fairfax County.
How much does it cost to drop stuff at the dump?
Cost to Dump at a Landfill If you have the time and a way to haul it, you can dump your own trash, furniture and hazardous waste at your local landfill for $20 to $50 per ton. In some locations, your local utility bill includes dumping free of charge.
What does Fairfax County do with trash?
Disposal of books Books that are thrown away in the trash (not the recycling bin) do not go to a landfill. All trash in Fairfax County is burned in a waste -to-energy facility that generates electrical power.
How much is trash in Fairfax County?
Commercial Cash Customers
|Yard Waste (loose or bagged)||$62/ton|
How do I dispose of a TV in Fairfax County?
Electronics can be dropped off any day of the week at both the I-66 Transfer Station and the I-95 Landfill Complex (See Waste and Recycling Drop-off Centers for more information). There are no fees associated with this service; however customers may be required to show proof of residency.
How do I get rid of furniture in Fairfax County?
Fairfax offers curbside pickup of old furniture and mattresses. If you already have county trash and recycling service, please call (703) 802-3322, TTY 711 or schedule the collection online. You are allowed up to 5 special collections per year.
How do you get rid of dirt in Fairfax County?
If you have county trash and recycling service, call 703-802-3322, TTY 711 or schedule the collection online. Important: Remove all doors from large appliances before setting at the curb.
What can I recycle in Fairfax County VA?
Recycle empty plastic bottles or metal cans at the curb. Polishes, rust removers and floor care products should be taken to a Household Hazardous Waste site. Take empty aerosol cans to a Household Hazardous Waste site. Recycle other empty metal cans and plastic bottles at the curb.
Can you go to the dump and take things?
Yes it is most landfills have police make rounds after hours and they can arrest you for trespassing, etc. The issue is not just trash is there but most also have close to $1M worth of equipment sitting there not to mention the LF offices, etc. If you ‘re taking metal / copper /wiring /etc from C&D facilities, etc
How can I get rid of my old TV for free?
You have a few options when it comes to getting rid of an old TV.
- Donate your TV. There are many local charities that accept televisions that still work.
- Take it to a recycling facility. Depending on where you live, they may offer a pick up service.
- Return it to the manufacturer.
- Sell it.
- Give it away for free.
Who picks up junk for free near me?
Best Free Junk Removal Near Me
- Santos Hauling. 369 reviews. Junk Removal & Hauling, Demolition Services.
- A1 Hauling. 292 reviews.
- Anaw Hauling. 242 reviews.
- A&M Hauling. 61 reviews.
- Junk Removal Same Day Service. 97 reviews.
- Aldo Demolition & Excavation. 49 reviews.
- Raz Hauling Services. 165 reviews.
- Baypro Junk Removal. 73 reviews.
Can you recycle Styrofoam in Fairfax County?
Molded polystyrene packaging, the kind that cushions new appliances in the box, should not be put in recycle bins, and there are no Fairfax County or nearby recycling centers for this type of plastic.
What can I recycle in Virginia?
Generally, paper, aluminum, cardboard, phone books, water and some types of plastics, like bottles and jugs, are all acceptable. Bubble wrap, Styrofoam, light bulbs and electronics can’t be recycled. Food items should be clean and dry, said recycling bureau manager Linda Minner.
Where do you throw the garbage?
The landfill is the most popular destination for solid waste, by a wide margin. Some cities, like San Francisco and Seattle, are able to recycle more than they send to landfills, but the majority of the U.S. sends their trash to the dump.