- 1 How do I delete media in WordPress?
- 2 Is there a recycle bin in WordPress?
- 3 How do I enable trash in WordPress?
- 4 How do I restore trash in WordPress?
- 5 How do I permanently delete photos from WordPress?
- 6 How do I delete all content and start over in WordPress?
- 7 How do I restore items to bin?
- 8 Can I retrieve a deleted post?
- 9 Does WordPress trash auto delete?
- 10 How do I turn off trash in WordPress?
- 11 How do I recover a lost website?
- 12 How do I find deleted pages?
How do I delete media in WordPress?
How To: Delete Individual Media Files in WordPress
- Click Media.
- In the File column, find the media that you’d like to delete and click its title.
- On the Edit Media screen you’ll be able to see more information about the file.
- To delete this file, click Delete Permanently, then click OK in the confirmation box.
- Your media file has been successfully deleted.
Is there a recycle bin in WordPress?
Trash in WordPress is like the Recycle Bin on your PC or Trash in your Macintosh computer. After 30 days, the item will be automatically and permanently deleted from your WordPress database.
How do I enable trash in WordPress?
Fortunately, there is a trash feature for the WordPress media manager and it can be enabled through one simple line of code; // In wp-config. php define(‘MEDIA_TRASH’, true); Enabling this feature will replace the Delete Permanently links with an aptly named Trash link.
How do I restore trash in WordPress?
Restoring a deleted page from trash
- In your WordPress admin, click on Post or Pages and select All Posts or All Pages.
- Click on the Trash link. This should display all the deleted Pages / Posts.
- Hover your mouse below the page/post title that you want to restore and click on Restore button.
How do I permanently delete photos from WordPress?
To delete an image from WordPress entirely, go to Media > Library. In your media library, locate the image you want to delete and click to open it. On the bottom right of the screen, click Delete Permanently and click Ok.
How do I delete all content and start over in WordPress?
First, you’ll need to go to Tools » WP Reset and click the ‘Tools’ tab. Once there, simply click on the ‘ Delete Themes’ or ‘ Delete Plugins’ links to jump straight to those tools. You can click the ‘ Delete all themes’ or ‘ Delete plugins’ button to delete them. Important: WP Reset doesn’t backup your files in any way.
How do I restore items to bin?
If you deleted an item and want it back, check your bin to see if it’s there. Touch and hold the photo or video that you want to restore. At the bottom, tap Restore.
Can I retrieve a deleted post?
Tap a post you want to recover and then tap Restore. Select Restore to confirm. The post has been restored to your timeline.
Does WordPress trash auto delete?
As we mentioned earlier, WordPress automatically empty trash after 30 days. You can change this to any number of days you want.
How do I turn off trash in WordPress?
Disable Trash in WordPress
- Access your WordPress files and find the wp-config. php file. It should normally be in your root folder: public_html/wp-config.php.
- Open the file for editing and add this code: define( ‘EMPTY_TRASH_DAYS’, 0 ); Add it right above this line: /* That’s all, stop editing!
How do I recover a lost website?
Follow these steps:
- Go to Google.
- Type in the search using the search operator cache:example.com replacing example.com with any link from your site not including http or www.
- If you are lucky and your pages are still in cache, you will be able to recover your full content or at least take the text from the page.
How do I find deleted pages?
- Open website of Wayback Machine i.e. www.archive.org.
- Enter URL of the website that you want to access in the search box on the top of the website.
- Hit Browse History Button.
- You’ll prompt a calendar view. Select the year, month and date.
- That’s all! Now you’ll see the old, deleted page on your screen.