- 1 Where can I dump trash in Berkeley?
- 2 How do I throw away furniture in Berkeley?
- 3 How do I get rid of a mattress in Berkeley?
- 4 What can I recycle in Berkeley?
- 5 What day is trash pickup Berkeley?
- 6 Where can I donate furniture in Berkeley?
- 7 How do I get rid of a couch?
- 8 Where can I donate clothes in Berkeley Covid?
- 9 Why is glass no longer recyclable?
- 10 How do you dispose of Styrofoam in Berkeley?
- 11 Are milk cartons compostable in Berkeley?
Where can I dump trash in Berkeley?
City of Berkeley Transfer Station
- LOCATION: 1201 Second Street – just off the Gilman Street freeway exit in Berkeley.
- A fee of $15 will be assessed to drivers of vehicles with Unsecured Loads arriving at the Transfer Station.
- COMPOSTING & RECYCLING AT THE TRANSFER STATION.
How do I throw away furniture in Berkeley?
The property owner must make the appointment for the Bulky Waste Pick-up. Please call Customer Service in advance of your preferred date. Your appointment date is subject to availability. Phone 311 or (510) 981-7270 or for TTY call (510) 981-6903.
How do I get rid of a mattress in Berkeley?
Contact Customer Service at 510-981-7270 to request a pickup one day before you want to put your mattress out for collection. Mattress Recycling Options:
- Ask your retailer about taking it back.
- Drop it off at the Berkeley Transfer Station.
- Schedule a pickup (1-9 unit residential properties only).
What can I recycle in Berkeley?
CCC accepts glass bottles and jars, cans, plastic bottles, rigid plastic containers, mixed paper, newspaper, cardboard, scrap metal and non-refrigerated appliances for drop off. CCC also accepts household batteries, fluorescent tubes and bulbs, mercury switches and cell phones.
What day is trash pickup Berkeley?
The City of Berkeley web site is undergoing scheduled maintenance starting on Friday night, September 13 and ending on Saturday afternoon, September 14. Missed Pick-ups.
|Pick up day:||Report Missed Pick-up by::|
|Monday||5:00 PM Tuesday|
|Tuesday||5:00 PM Wednesday|
|Wednesday||5:00 PM Thursday|
|Thursday||5:00 PM Friday|
Where can I donate furniture in Berkeley?
Best Donate Furniture in Berkeley, CA
- U Call We Haul. 4.8 mi. 184 reviews.
- Junkcat. 2.7 mi. 196 reviews.
- The Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center. 4.9 mi. 98 reviews.
- Diaz Hauling. 4.6 mi. 369 reviews.
- Lulu’s Hauling Inc. 1.3 mi. 335 reviews.
- Eco Junk. 16.4 mi. 57 reviews.
- Vets Move Junk. 12.2 mi.
- Green-Line Hauling. 25.7 mi.
How do I get rid of a couch?
Sofas, settees and armchairs can be of particular use to local charities who are able collect them, sell them in their stores and use the proceeds to support their cause. For full compliance, the furniture must be in good condition with the Fire Safety label still attached so it can safely be used by someone else.
Where can I donate clothes in Berkeley Covid?
Best Clothes Donation Drop Off in Berkeley, CA
- Out of the Closet – Berkeley. 0.3 mi. 142 reviews.
- Goodwill. 1.4 mi. 104 reviews.
- Oakland Elizabeth House. 1.5 mi. Community Service/Non-Profit.
- Wardrobe For Opportunity. 4.3 mi.
- Free Oakland UP. 6.1 mi.
- The Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center. 4.9 mi.
- Bay Area Rescue Mission. 6.8 mi.
- Out of the Closet – Oakland. 4.9 mi.
Why is glass no longer recyclable?
Note: Drinking glasses, glass objects, and window glass cannot be placed with recyclable glass because they have different chemical properties and melt at different temperatures than the recyclable bottles and containers. Broken drinking glass goes into the trash stream.
How do you dispose of Styrofoam in Berkeley?
Styrofoam /Bubble wrap Clean and dry styrofoam, bubble wrap and other packing materials may be accepted for re-use at some packaging stores such as UPS stores and Handle with Care, in Berkeley. For more information contact stopwaste.org.
Are milk cartons compostable in Berkeley?
KITCHEN SCRAPS ACCEPTED INCLUDE: Food Soiled Paper – including paper towels, napkins, pizza boxes, greasy paper bags, milk cartons (with any plastic parts removed), wax paper and waxed cardboard. BPI Certified compostable plastic bags and containers are currently accepted in the green cart.