- 1 Why is the kingdom Protista referred to as the junk drawer Kingdom?
- 2 Why is the junk drawer group an appropriate nickname for the protists?
- 3 Why is Protista considered the most unique kingdom?
- 4 Which kingdom is the catch all or junk drawer Kingdom single celled eukaryote?
- 5 What three other kingdoms can protists be like?
- 6 How is the kingdom Protista like a junk drawer in a house?
- 7 What is the nickname for Kingdom Protista?
- 8 Which best describes the offspring of protists?
- 9 Can protists be multicellular?
- 10 Does kingdom Protista still exist?
- 11 What is the future of Kingdom Protista?
- 12 What are the 3 main domains of life?
- 13 Which kingdom is known as odds and ends?
- 14 What are examples of animal like protists?
Why is the kingdom Protista referred to as the junk drawer Kingdom?
Protists are so different from one another and because they don’t fit into another kingdom scientists. 1 Kingdom Protista is known as the “ junk drawer ” kingdom. Protists are so different from one another and because they don’t fit into another kingdom scientists group them in the protist kingdom.
Why is the junk drawer group an appropriate nickname for the protists?
What are Protists? These unique organisms can be so different from each other that sometimes Protista is called the “ junk drawer ” kingdom. Just like a junk drawer, which contains items that don’t fit into any other category, this kingdom contains the eukaryotes that cannot be put into any other kingdom.
Why is Protista considered the most unique kingdom?
Why are Protists said to be the most diverse of all eukaryotes? A. Kingdom Protista is said to be the most diverse kingdom, because each of its members are so individual from each other. This miscellanous grouping causes the organisms in the kingdom to be very different from each other.
Which kingdom is the catch all or junk drawer Kingdom single celled eukaryote?
Kingdom Protista The Catch-all Kingdom.
What three other kingdoms can protists be like?
Protists range from single-celled amoebas to multicellular seaweed. Protists may be similar to animals, plants, or fungi.
How is the kingdom Protista like a junk drawer in a house?
The Kingdom Protista is a large, diverse collection of eukaryotic organisms. This heterogeneous Kingdom is referred to as the ‘ junk drawer ‘ Kingdom because organisms that do not belong in the other eukaryotic Kingdoms (Plants, Fungi, Animals) are placed here ( similar to objects in in a junk drawer that have no home ).
What is the nickname for Kingdom Protista?
Q. Why is Kingdom Protista known as the “Junk Drawer Kingdom?” The kingdom contains a wide variety of organisms.
Which best describes the offspring of protists?
genetically identical to the parents. with the same genotype as the parents. that are clones of the parents.
Can protists be multicellular?
Cell Structure Most protists are microscopic and unicellular, but some true multicellular forms exist. A few protists live as colonies that behave in some ways as a group of free-living cells and in other ways as a multicellular organism.
Does kingdom Protista still exist?
” Protista “, ” Protoctista “, and “Protozoa” are therefore considered obsolete. However, the term ” protist ” continues to be used informally as a catch-all term for eukayotic organisms that are not within other traditional kingdoms.
What is the future of Kingdom Protista?
Answer: The probable future of the protist kingdom is that it will be divided into more groups that will form other kingdoms. Explanation: As shown in the question above, Protista is called a kingdom, but it is now recognized as a polyphyletic group.
What are the 3 main domains of life?
This phylogeny overturned the eukaryote-prokaryote dichotomy by showing that the 16S rRNA tree neatly divided into three major branches, which became known as the three domains of (cellular) life: Bacteria, Archaea and Eukarya (Woese et al. 1990).
Which kingdom is known as odds and ends?
Slime molds and algae are protists. Sometimes they are called the odds and ends kingdom because its members are so different from one another. Protists include all microscopic organisms that are not bacteria, not animals, not plants and not fungi.
What are examples of animal like protists?
Examples of Animal – like Protists
- Amoeboid Protozoans. Amoeba are characterized by the presence of pseudopodia, or ‘false feet,’ which they use to catch bacteria and smaller protists.
- Ciliated Protozoans.
- Slime Molds.
- Red Algae.
- Brown Algae.
- Golden-brown Algae and Diatoms.