- 1 Why did Apple move the trash button?
- 2 How do I move the trash button on my iPhone?
- 3 Where do I find the trash button?
- 4 How do I add a Trash button to my email?
- 5 How do I move mail to trash instead of archive?
- 6 How do I move emails to trash not archive?
- 7 How do I trash instead of archive on iPhone?
- 8 Can I move the trash icon in Mail on iPhone?
- 9 How do I move the mail icon on my iPhone?
- 10 Where is trash can Gmail?
- 11 Why is there no trash in my Gmail?
- 12 How do I get emails out of trash?
- 13 Why does iPhone archive email instead of delete?
- 14 Why can’t I swipe to delete email on iPhone?
The design meant that common actions were buried, and users reported they were accidentally pressing the delete button when they wanted to reply, as the icons were simply too close together.
Answer: A: Settings, passwords & accounts, tap on the account, tap on the login ID, go to advanced. Set “ move discarded messages into:” and choose trash mailbox instead of archive mailbox. The archive icon will be replaced with the trash icon instead.
Go to Settings > General settings, then tap on Archive & delete actions. You’ll see a pop-up with three options: Show archive only, Show delete only, and Show archive & delete. Tap on one of the actions that include ” delete ” to enable the trash button. That’s it.
Go to your inbox and swipe left on an email. A partial swipe will pull out your options: More, whatever you set as your Swipe Left option (if you set one), and Trash.
How do I move mail to trash instead of archive?
How to delete Gmail on iPhone instead of archive in the Mail app
- Open Settings.
- Swipe down and tap Mail.
- Tap Accounts, then your Gmail account.
- Select Account.
- Tap Advanced at the bottom.
- Now below Move Discarded Messages Into: tap Deleted Mailbox.
- Tap Account in the top left corner, then Done in the top right.
How do I move emails to trash not archive?
You can also force your email account to display the Trash option. Go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars and tap your Gmail account. Tap Account -> Advanced to bring up more options. Tap ‘Deleted Mailbox’ under the heading, Move discarded messages into; you’ll see that the default option is ‘ Archive Mailbox’.
How do I trash instead of archive on iPhone?
Go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts. Tap your email account, tap Mail (below Advanced), then tap Advanced. In the Advanced settings, change the destination mailbox for discarded emails to Archive Mailbox.
Can I move the trash icon in Mail on iPhone?
In the newest version of the iPhone email app, the trash icon is now where the reply icon used to be. Tap on an email account and navigate to Mail: Advanced, and you can change the default action for “ Move Discarded Messages Into:” from Deleted Mailbox to Archive Mailbox.
How do I move the mail icon on my iPhone?
Tap and hold down on an app icon until all of the apps wiggle on the screen. Then hold down on the app that you want to move and drag it where you want it to be places.
Where is trash can Gmail?
On your computer, go to Gmail. On the left side of the page, click More. Scroll to Trash.
Why is there no trash in my Gmail?
Can’t find the Trash folder? Sometimes the Trash folder is hidden from view. If you can’t see the folder, open ‘Settings’ via the cog icon above the messages. Click on this, then the Labels tab in settings, scroll down and stop on Trash labels and click on show button.
How do I get emails out of trash?
On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app. Tap Trash. At the top, tap Empty trash now. Delete all messages in a category
- On a computer, open Gmail. You can’t delete all messages from the Gmail app.
- In the top left, click the Down arrow.
- Click All.
- Click Delete.
Why does iPhone archive email instead of delete?
By default in iOS, Gmail is set to archive your emails as opposed to deleting them. Archiving email keeps the messages in an Archived folder, but Deleting moves them to the trash. You are going to change where it says “Move Discarded Messages Into:” by tapping on the word Deleted Mailbox.
Why can’t I swipe to delete email on iPhone?
You can swipe to delete messages in the iPhone’s Mail app, but you’ll need to enable this option in Settings. By default, you’ll only have the option to “Archive” these emails instead of deleting them. To add ” Delete ” to the Mail app’s swipe options, head to the “Accounts” section of the settings menu.