- 1 Where can I drop-off trash in Ann Arbor?
- 2 How much does it cost to drop stuff at the dump?
- 3 How do I dispose of an old mattress in Ann Arbor?
- 4 Where can I recycle Styrofoam Ann Arbor?
- 5 Where can I donate household items in Ann Arbor?
- 6 Where can I recycle tvs in Ann Arbor?
- 7 Can you go to the dump and take things?
- 8 How much does it cost to dump at Miramar Landfill?
- 9 What is a tipping fee?
- 10 Who picks up old furniture for free near me?
- 11 What can be recycled in Ann Arbor?
- 12 How do you throw away wooden furniture?
- 13 Can Recycling Ann Arbor?
- 14 Where can I recycle plastic bags in Ann Arbor?
- 15 What is wishful recycling?
Where can I drop-off trash in Ann Arbor?
Salvation Army Store, Area Drop ‑ Off Center – Accepts clothing, household goods, furniture, and jewelry. Call 800.728. 7825 to schedule free pickups.
How much does it cost to drop stuff at the dump?
Cost to Dump at a Landfill If you have the time and a way to haul it, you can dump your own trash, furniture and hazardous waste at your local landfill for $20 to $50 per ton. In some locations, your local utility bill includes dumping free of charge.
How do I dispose of an old mattress in Ann Arbor?
Call (877) 708-8329 or Book Online to schedule Ann Arbor mattress disposal.
Where can I recycle Styrofoam Ann Arbor?
Styrofoam is accepted at the following sites:
- SOCRRA. 995 Coolidge Road, Troy. (Between 14 Mile Road and Maple Road, across from Meijer) 248-288-5150.
- Recycle Ann Arbor. 2950 E. Ellsworth Road, Ann Arbor. 734-971-7400.
- Recycle Here! Main Location: 1331 Holden Avenue, Detroit 48202. 313-871-4000.
Where can I donate household items in Ann Arbor?
Best Donation Drop Off in Ann Arbor, MI
- The Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center. 1.2 mi. 118 reviews.
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore. 5.8 mi. 11 reviews.
- The ShareHouse. 4.7 mi.
- Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop. 1.6 mi.
- Goodwill Ypsilanti. 4.3 mi.
- 826 Michigan: Liberty Street Robot Supply & Repair. 0.4 mi.
- Goodwill Industries. 7.4 mi.
- The Thrift Shop of Ypsilanti. 6.9 mi.
Where can I recycle tvs in Ann Arbor?
- Recycle Ann Arbor Drop-Off Station. Ann Arbor, MI.
- Great Lakes Recycling Center. Roseville, MI.
- Best Buy. Accepts a wide variety of electronics and cords in most stores.
- uBreakiFIx Canton & Brighton – An electronics repair shop that also accepts electronics for recycling.
Can you go to the dump and take things?
Yes it is most landfills have police make rounds after hours and they can arrest you for trespassing, etc. The issue is not just trash is there but most also have close to $1M worth of equipment sitting there not to mention the LF offices, etc. If you ‘re taking metal / copper /wiring /etc from C&D facilities, etc
How much does it cost to dump at Miramar Landfill?
Miramar provides San Diego residents and small businesses the ability to take large amounts of trash and other waste for an affordable price. Miramar Landfill fees are reasonable. They only charge $31 per ton.
What is a tipping fee?
Tipping fee A fee paid by anyone disposing of waste at a landfill. ( also see Disposal Fee )
Who picks up old furniture for free near me?
Here’s a list of organizations that will pick up donations, free of charge:
- Salvation Army.
- Habitat for Humanity.
- Pick Up Please.
- Furniture Bank.
- The Arc.
What can be recycled in Ann Arbor?
- Mixed paper – newspapers, magazines, catalogs, junk mail, office paper, cardboard, frozen food and cereal-type boxes.
- Metal cans.
- Glass bottles and jars, remove tops
- Cleaned plastic bottles, containers and tubs (screw on caps: keep on, flat plastic lids: throw away)
- “Aseptic” and “Tetrapak” cartons.
How do you throw away wooden furniture?
Furniture Disposal Options
- Rent a Roll Off Dumpster. This is a quick and affordable way to get rid of furniture and other junk during a home cleanout.
- Leave It at the Curb.
- Hire a Junk Removal Service.
- Take It to a Scrap Dealer.
- Haul It to the Landfill.
Can Recycling Ann Arbor?
Aerosol cans, empty Empty aerosol cans are accepted in Ann Arbor curbside recycling bins. Additionally, they are accepted for recycling at the Drop-Off Station and Recovery Yard.
Where can I recycle plastic bags in Ann Arbor?
If you have unavoidable plastic film from items or extra plastic bags, you can recycle them properly at our Drop-Off Station (DOS) located at 2950 E. Ellsworth Road or our Recovery Yard at 7891 Jackson Road.
What is wishful recycling?
The continuing rise in contaminated items is known in the biz as “ wishful recycling ”. The current crisis is only making it worse. In some places, recycling itself is becoming wishful. As stores and restaurants struggle to survive, local tax revenues have dropped sharply, forcing municipalities to slash budgets.