- 1 How do I move messages to trash on iPhone?
- 2 How do you get rid of emails on iPhone that won’t delete?
- 3 How do you change trash settings on iPhone?
- 4 How do I move emails to trash instead of archive?
- 5 Why does my iPhone archive instead of delete?
- 6 Why do my emails keep coming back after I delete them on my iPhone?
- 7 Why is it so hard to delete emails on iPhone?
- 8 Why do my emails keep coming back after I delete them?
- 9 Why do some emails go directly to trash?
- 10 How long do emails remain in trash?
- 11 How do I change archive to trash?
- 12 How do I change archive to trash on iPhone 2020?
- 13 How do I change Archive to delete?
How do I move messages to trash on iPhone?
Or touch and hold the email from your Inbox, then tap the Trash button in the menu that pops up. If you’re trying to delete a message from within the email, tap the Archive button or the Trash button, then tap Archive Message or Trash Message.
How do you get rid of emails on iPhone that won’t delete?
Answer: A: Try going into Settings > Accounts & Password > account > Account > Advanced > Deleted Mailbox, and under On The Server tap the ‘Trash’ folder so that it gets a tick against it – then come out of that series of popups by tapping on the relevant buttons at the top of them and see if you can now delete emails.
How do you change trash settings on iPhone?
Settings to Adjust on your iPhone for Deleting Mail
- Click on “ Settings ”
- Click on your account in the Accounts list, and click on your address to get into the Account main screen.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the Account window to the “Advanced” tab.
- Click on “Deleted Mailbox”.
How do I move emails to trash instead of archive?
You can also force your email account to display the Trash option. Go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars and tap your Gmail account. Tap Account -> Advanced to bring up more options. Tap ‘Deleted Mailbox’ under the heading, Move discarded messages into; you’ll see that the default option is ‘ Archive Mailbox’.
Why does my iPhone archive instead of delete?
When swiping across a message you wish to delete, the red button that appears says archive instead of delete. Now the delete behavior you were used to with iPhone OS 3. x is restored. For those that want to archive their Gmail, the archived messages are hidden from your Inbox.
Why do my emails keep coming back after I delete them on my iPhone?
If it appears in the Deleted folder, it’s normal. That’s because your iPhone has its own copy of the email stored in your device storage. They reappear in the inbox.
Why is it so hard to delete emails on iPhone?
If you use Mail on your iPhone or iPad, then you’ve probably noticed it’s considerably difficult to delete messages — by default, there’s only an Archive button. Deleting a message is just not an option. Advertisement. The key to deleting mail messages is to go in through the “Accounts” section.
Why do my emails keep coming back after I delete them?
Deleted emails reappearing sounds like you might have some corruption going on with Inbox. Deleted emails reappearing sounds like you might have some corruption going on with Inbox. Move all wanted emails out of Inbox and put them in a suitably named folder for storage. Delete anything you do not want.
Why do some emails go directly to trash?
If your incoming or sent messages are automatically placed in Trash, the cause is a misconfigured filter, or a setting on your Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab. To resolve this issue, please make sure you haven’t created any filters with the action Delete it that would affect the messages in question.
How long do emails remain in trash?
After you delete a message, it’s saved in your Trash for 30 days, after which it’s permanently erased from the Trash.
How do I change archive to trash?
Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Your Gmail Account> Archive Messages>Off. GO TO MAIL, CLICK ON EDIT OPTION, SELECT THE DESIRED MAIL, CLICK ON MOVE, PUT IT INTO TRASH. AND THEN FROM TRASH DELETE IT. this worked for me!!
How do I change archive to trash on iPhone 2020?
With archiving set as the action that discards mail, you can delete from the archiving button but not by swiping. Instead, select More > Move Message, then select Trash. Tap Account at the top of the screen, or swipe in from the left, to return to the previous screen. Finish by selecting Done.
How do I change Archive to delete?
Choose your archive or delete settings
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app.
- In the top left, tap Menu.
- Tap Settings General settings. Gmail default action.
- Tap Archive or Delete.
- Scroll down to the “Action confirmations” section and choose if you want confirmation before archiving or deleting messages.